About Hone Capital:
Seeking an Associate at Hone Capital in Palo Alto, CA
Hone Capital was established in 2015 and has invested over $100M in early to growth stage startups in the technology sector. Hone’s investment approach is distinguished by its emphasis on investing via external partners (syndicate leads) and its data-driven methodology using multiple machine learning and other quantitative models. Among Hone’s 300+ investments to date are Boom, Carbon Black, Checkr, Roofstock, Grove Collaborative, and Starsky Robotics.
As the scale of our activity continues to grow, we have decided to add a new member to join our small investment team. Given our multi-faceted approach, you will have the opportunity to go beyond the challenges of traditional VC associates – that might involve data science, fundraising, cross-border portfolio support, or negotiating contracts.
We are looking for a driven individual with a demonstrated passion for technology and a deep curiosity around data-driven insights; someone who is a systems thinker but also has the flexibility to navigate ever-changing environments.
- Designing and implementing portfolio management systems to track and assess the growing portfolio
- Evaluating potential investments by conducting due diligence, which can vary based on key identified risks
- Assisting in fundraising and fund management
- Building relationships with entrepreneurs, syndicate leads, and other VC firms
- Contributing to the design and execution of proprietary analytics tools
- 2+ years of work experience, either at a high-growth tech startup, in tech-focused finance, OR at a biotech company
- A demonstrated passion for technology, whether in general or in particular
- Analytical rigor, with the ability to analyze market sizing, financial models, and competitive dynamics
- A talent for bringing process and organization to previously unstructured environments
- An ability to conduct strong quantitative analysis (including use of tools like Excel and Tableau)
- An ability to communicate clearly and create polished presentations
- A self-directed nature, adept at assessing multiple priorities simultaneously
- As a bonus, have broad biotechnology/life sciences knowledge AND/OR have programming experience – whether for software development or data analysis
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject line: “ASSOCIATE – [insert your name here]”
In your email, please attach a resume, cover letter (links to any relevant online presence and/or writing would be good to include), and your answer to the following question (500 words max):
- What company (or category) should we invest in and why?
It is the policy of Hone Capital to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.