Hone Capital is looking for a Data Engineer to take a lead role in our engineering and data science efforts.
Hone Capital was established in 2015 and has invested over $100M in early to growth stage startups in the technology sector, using our proprietary data-driven intelligence platform and our network of deep relationships with syndicate leads, sector experts, and VC firms. Among Hone’s 300+ investments to date are Earnest, Boom, Carbon Black, Checkr, Roofstock, and Vantage Robotics.
With our growing reliance on quantitative systems and data-driven insights, we are prioritizing the development of additional data sourcing, management, and analysis infrastructure. We’re looking for an enthusiastic developer to spearhead these projects, while also gaining insight into the challenges, perspectives, and thought processes of VCs.
The Data Engineer will contribute to multiple projects, including:
- Implement ETL (extract-transform-load) processes
- Extend functionality of quantitative and automated systems
- Perform creative, hypothesis-driven data analyses
- Create methods to gather and process raw data at scale
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a BS degree in Computer Science or in a similar technical field of study
- Be comfortable developing in Python and MySQL
- Be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, small team environment
- Prides herself or himself in being a disciplined and organized coder; a “mender,” not just a “maker”
Please attach a resume and a cover letter to your application (Github/project portfolio welcomed), which should be sent with the subject line “Data Engineer – [insert your name here]” to email@example.com.