Hone Capital is looking for an Investment Systems Intern to join the venture capital investment team during Summer 2018.
Hone Capital was established in 2015 and has invested over $100M in early to growth stage startups in the technology sector, using our proprietary data-driven intelligence platform and our network of deep relationships with syndicate leads, sector experts, and VC firms. Among Hone’s 300+ investments to date are Boom, Carbon Black, Checkr, Blockstack, Roofstock, and Starsky Robotics.
With a fast growing portfolio, development of tracking systems has emerged as a key priority for us. We’re looking for an enthusiastic undergrad to spearhead the design and development of these systems, while gaining insight into the challenges, perspectives, and thought processes of VCs.
The Investment Systems Intern will contribute to multiple projects, including:
• Develop automated systems to track portfolio performance
• Refine quantitative processes to identify promising companies
• Extend online tools
The ideal candidate will:
• Be pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other science/engineering related field from a top-tier school
• Be familiar with Python, Java, and MySQL
• Be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, small team environment
• Have proven execution skills, backed by excellent analytical skills
• Have a demonstrated interest in and awareness of recent trends in the startup ecosystem, venture funding, and best practice tools for large scale data management
This internship is expected to last 10-12 weeks with a start date in either May or June.
Please attach a resume and a cover letter to your application (Github/project portfolio welcomed, but not required), which should be sent with the subject line “Investment Systems Intern Application – [insert your name here]” to firstname.lastname@example.org.