About Hone Capital:
Hone Capital, LLC (Hone) is a privately-owned investment management firm, investing in venture capital, private equity and real-estate strategies in the United States. Located in downtown Palo Alto, Hone has become one of the earliest adopters of machine learning in venture, investing in over 350 companies since its formation in late 2015. Hone’s early stage portfolio has already generated six unicorns in the last 3.5 years and two IPOs.
As Hone looks to expand its capital base and portfolio companies, we would like to continue the emphasis on data and machine learning and are looking to add in a data analyst with some venture capital industry experience and strong skills in SQL and other database management tools.
Data Analyst Position:
This individual will have some experience in venture capital industry with exposure to systems
level architecture and both industry level data as well as underlying portfolio company data.
This Venture Data Analyst will be responsible for the following:
• Directly support the Data Engineer, Venture Associate and other members of the team on a
day-to-day basis to capture all relevant portfolio company data
• Assist the Data Engineer in maintaining all in-house technology tools,
• Review all applicable daily news and information about each portfolio company and update
the portfolio system accordingly
• Responsible for ensuring data integrity, timely updates and maintenance of all portfolio
• Support portfolio company research as required
• Assist in data systems supporting both venture and real estate
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with venture capital data
• Familiarity with SQL and experience in BI tools such as Tableau, Metabase
• Rigor for data integrity and quality
• Strong team player who can identify areas needing better data organization and process
• Ability to conduct quantitative analysis (including use of tools like Excel and Tableau)
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and create polished
• Adept at prioritizing multiple projects
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with market. Company provides various benefits such as healthcare, 401k matching etc.
Palo Alto, California
How to Apply:
WE INVITE CANDIDATES TO SEND THEIR RESUME TO JOBS@HONECAP.COM, WITH SUBJECT LINE: VENTURE DATA ANALYST POSITION.
In your email, please attach a resume, cover letter (links to any relevant online presence and/or writing would be good to include)